We are being contacted by some NHS Trusts about assistance with their ERIC 2019/20 returns, that is where we can help!
We can offer help with your Estates Returns Information Collection (ERIC); support can be purchased through National Procurement Frameworks.
In accordance with benchmarks and Model Hospital comparator, it is essential that the data Trusts’ gather for their ERIC returns is:
- Gathered in accordance with ERIC definitions
- Accurately representing the service configuration
- Quality assured and validated
It is vital that you are confident in the information submitted on behalf of your Trust as the ERIC data informs benchmarks and The Model Hospital.
How can we help?
GKT can help by providing you with the peace of mind that your ERIC return information has been collected and eternally validated. We also offer a benchmarking service that takes into account the particular and unique aspects of each individual EFM configuration and makes the necessary adjustments, so your performance is being benchmarked as accurately as possible.
Our services can be procured through the following Framework Agreements:
- NHS Shared Business Services
- Consult 18: Multidisciplinary Consultancy Services Framework Reference: SBS/17/SG/ZMC/9266
- Health Trust Europe
- Framework for the supply of business and advisory services
- Lot 1 Business Services
The key objectives of our support are to ensure that your ERIC data is accurate and validated and collected in a timely manner. It is also important to develop robust systems and provide mentoring to key team members to help to ensure that the Trust can fulfil its annual ERIC commitment in subsequent years.
Our typical approach would be to undertake the following:
- Establish internal project team for the ERIC return
- Provide training on the ERIC definitions and ensure clarity of roles within the team
- Develop E&F dashboard for collection of routine information
- Coordinate the data provided by the team members and enter onto NHS Digital ERIC portal
- Review ERIC data submission; check and validate methodology, definitions, data and costs/rates
- Identify gaps in information, anomalies and concerns and suggest amendment
- Produce a revised set of ERIC data and undertake final data entry on the NHS Digital ERIC portal
- Ensure internal sign-off of data and commit data.
Our aim is to establish an internal team of key stakeholders who will be responsible for the provision of the ERIC data and will discuss and agree issues of definition and consistency. In the main it is expected that these discussions will take place during the period from April to June when the ERIC data collection process is at its height. This team will also agree actions and mitigate in the event of missing or late provision of information. Furthermore, our Team will, at the outset, undertake briefings with the various service leads to ensure that they are fully aware and involved in the process.
The deadline for this is Tuesday 30th June 2020.
If this sounds like something you could be interested in, please get in touch on 01273 030157 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org