The Team at GK Group have recently achieved the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS) and ISO14001:2015 Environmental Management System (EMS) certifications showing their commitment to the highest levels of customer service and quality as well as continuously measuring and improving our environmental impact and sustainability performance. These accreditations show that the business is in good health, takes quality seriously, is stable and ready for growth during 2021/22.
Each year the company has an external audit to ensure compliancy with its Quality Management and Environmental Systems. As part of this audit all GK Group’s processes, procedures and a selection of projects were evaluated by the auditor. For two years running, GK Group are extremely proud to have achieved the certifications without any areas of improvement being identified by the external auditor, which, in his own words, “is very rare”.
ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS)
Achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification means GK Group demonstrated the following 7 principles:
- Engagement of People
- Customer Focus
- Process Approach
- Evidence Based Decision Making
- Relationship Management
ISO14001:2015 Environmental Management System (EMS)
To achieve ISO14001:2015 we had to show the following 5 principles of working:
- Environmental Policy
- Applications & Activities
- Management Review
Doug Bailey, Executive Director, said “This is a great collective achievement and a testament to the whole team for their fantastic approach to giving a top-class service to our customers, as well as their efforts in minimising our overall impact on the environment. Well done to the team.”
How does this benefit our clients?
Achieving these results will enable the GK Group to offer clients an ever-improving service by:
- Delivering what we say we will– Quality is our Policy
- Improved sustainability, we have systems in place to manage our environmental impact, meaning every task that GK Group carries out has been assessed to ensure the environmental impact is as low as possible
- Having a benchmark with ISO 9001 and 14001 allows for continued improvement, benefitting our employees, clients and customers through service consistency.
- Having competent, well trained employees who understand and are committed to providing a quality service, including having an awareness of their personal impact on the environment.